|Job Title:||Assistant Product Manager (Internship)|
|Reports to:||Director, Marketing & Sales|
|Location:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Employment Type:||Paid Internship, Full time|
1’st Batch: (Oct / Nov 2018 – Mar / Apr 2019)
|Benefits:||Air ticket (for International candidate) and Health insurance|
African Bamboo is currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic intern to take on the role of Assistant Product Manager – Intern. Through this position, you will gain valuable skills in bringing products from R & D to commercial markets. Your role is centered on making African Bamboo’s product(s): valuable, usable, and feasible. The Intern – Assistant Product Manager; will operate at the intersection of i. Business, ii. Quality, & iii. Market. The most significant value of our products as: “durable”, “sustainable”, and “natural” alternative to tropical hardwood that has achieved high-quality certification will be integrated in our communications through this role. Ultimately, the Assistant Product Manager – Intern must be passionate about building products that customers love.
You will work in a dynamic, international and fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams to research, develop, test, and certify products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy of becoming the first African company to produce an advanced industrially processed panel board product. You are pivotal to bringing our activities together and establishing a coordinated product management function. You will be supporting the marketing, product development, and production teams, undertaking the full breadth of product management activities. Together we will define our product mix and materials, structure customer requirements and product delivery activities, and plan for after-sales care.
Required qualifications and experience
- Wood Sciences, Wood Engineering, Business Management, or Marketing graduate.
- Experience in timber industry and/or building materials sector is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Affinity with information technologies and able to easily adopt new tools.
- A pragmatic, problem solving, mindset.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research and propose solutions independently.
- Ability to process large amounts of information and create structured workflows.
- Stress-resilient and flexible.
- Strong knowledge of wood-based panel products and applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with European and American building materials and products standards and norms is a plus.
- Project management skills and experience is an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit their CV and cover letter by July 31, 2018, via email: email@example.com. You can also email us for questions and information regarding the duties in this role, or contact us via Tel: +251 11 320 2647.
African Bamboo is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are encouraged to apply.