|Job Title:||Director, Human Resources|
|Reports to:||General Manager|
|Location:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Duration: 24 months||Dec. 2017 – Dec. 2019|
African Bamboo is currently looking for a candidate responsible for a strategic organizational design consisting of recruitment and selection, salary and benefits management, employee relations, talent management and retention, performance management, change management, skills and professional development, as well as the design and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
The candidate shall have the following core competencies: Good planning, organizational, managerial, analytical and decision-making skills. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people. Ability to train and use initiative. Professional approach. Excellent administrative skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. People-centric. Flexible.
The candidate shall lead the commercializing of African Bamboo from an innovative start-up into an operational entity by structuring & staffing the organization, building the human capital, putting in place necessary systems (manuals, processes, and procedures), training, controlling, and appraising key staffs within the organization, and creating linkage with universities and ensuring an administrative platform is in place in managing a fast-paced growth within first 2 years of operations.
As a senior director, you are instrumental in development and implementation of an HR plan, supporting the company’s annual operating plans and ensuring the right human resources are in place for commercialization of the three Business Units of African Bamboo: Supply Chain, Distribution, and Production, and entering advanced markets of Europe and United States. You will provide leadership and direction to the management team and the three Business Units, manage organizational change and drive success. You will be responsible to translate organizational strategy into meaningful and relevant HR initiatives, serve as a senior advisor, coach and trusted resource to the GM and leadership team, plan and manage the delivery of all HR support to employees including; recruitment, organizational development, training, compensation, benefits, communications, and talent management solutions, counsel managers on HR issues, evaluate opportunities to improve effectiveness in areas such as organizational structure, work processes, teamwork, and leadership.
1. Policies and Procedures. Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures.
2. Budget & Cost Management. Set salary scales and allowances to ensure parity across the Business Unit. Drive HR-related cost savings and manage HR budgets as set by executive management and working in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
3. Administration. Maintain oversight of all administrative responsibilities of junior HR staff within African Bamboo. Carry out regular internal audits of the HRMS and HR filing system using an online platform. Manage the HRMS payroll system and be responsible for forwarding final Pay Run Excel Data to the Finance Department within the required timeframe. Ensure a close working relationship with the Head of Finance.
4. Recruitment: Coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications, liaise with head hunters as required and interview applicants. Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations. Analyze the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions. Manage the contracting process for employees and consultants.
5. Selection: Attract, retain and motivate staff. Manage the recruitment process for employees and consultants ensuring that the right talent is identified and attracted.
6. Skills Development. Identify training/skills/competency needs for each Business Unit. Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with each BU. Develop a skills development plan for all staff.
7. HR Reporting. Manage the HRMS. Compile monthly management reports as required.
8. Performance Management. Implement performance management/talent management initiatives in order to ensure enhanced knowledge and skills sharing/transfer. Ensure that active performance management is practiced effectively.
Required experience and qualifications
A. Experience and Education: Degree/or Diploma in Human Resources Management and/or equivalent. Approximately 8 years’ experience as an HR generalist and an additional minimum 3 years in an HR management role.
B. Personal Characteristics: Excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail. Self-driven. Good communicator. Good interpersonal skills. Positive outlook on life. Assertive nature. Logical thinker. High levels of initiative. Work independently, with a high degree of responsibility. Work well under pressure and to deadlines. Fluency in English language and exceptional writing skills.
C. Experience, including;
o Human Resources
o Business Management
o Recruitment, Training and Development
o Performance Management
o Managing the Admin Staff and Government Affairs Functions
o Reward and Compensation
D. Knowledge, including;
o Succession Planning
o Policy Development
o System Management
E. A pragmatic, problem solving, mindset.
F. Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
G. Ability to research and propose solutions independently.
H. Stress resilient and flexible.
I. Some knowledge of factory, forestry, logistics is a plus.
J. Project management skills and experience is an asset.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit their CV and cover letter via email: email@example.com. You can also email us for questions and information regarding the duties in this role, or contact us via Tel: +251 11 320 2647.